The cryptocurrency industry continues to attract celebrities. The latest to jump on the bandwagon was none other than the football legend David Beckham.
- According to a recent press release, David Beckham – a global sports icon – has become the brand ambassador for DigitalBits – a blockchain project.
- Part of his responsibilities would be to further DigitalBits to users, brands, and to organizations worldwide.
- Speaking on the matter, Beckham said:
I am always keen to find new ways to connect with my fans across the world. The moment I spoke with AI and the DigitalBits team, I knew that this was a major opportunity to create new experiences for my fans online. I have always takne pride in working with the best teams and I am so excited to work on my NFT collections and more innovations in the future.
- DigitalBits itself is a blockchain protocol – a layer-one, to be precise – with a focus on speed and efficiency.
- In any case, Beckham is not the only celebrity who’s taken the role of being a global brand ambassador for a crypto company.
- Last year, we saw film superstar Matt Damon take the same position but for CryptoCom.